Students may select from either a 30-hour thesis or 33-hour project option. Both options require completion of 12 hours of required coursework and 12 elective hours with a minimum GPA of 3.0. The 30-hour thesis option will be completed with 6 hours of thesis, and the 33-hour project option will be completed with 3-6 hours of project courses and additional elective(s).
Six to nine elective hours may, with approval of the graduate coordinator and the department Graduate Affairs Committee, be taken outside of the discipline.
All students must pass a final examination in defense of either the student thesis or project.
Required courses may be selected from the following list:
- STEC 501 Analysis in Systems Technology
- STEC 502 Total Quality Control
- STEC 503 Research Methods
- STEC 505 Lean Manufacturing
- STEC 506 Design Process
- STEC 508 Project Management
- STEC 510 Risk Assessment & Safety Management Systems
- STEC 524 Automated Systems Management
- STEC 595 Special Topics
- STEC 597-598 Directed Individual Study
Elective courses may be selected from the list of STEC courses. Elective courses outside of the discipline, may be selected from the following courses:
- MBA 500 Survey of Accounting
- MBA 501 Survey of Economics & Finance
- MBA 502 Survey of Management & Management Information Systems
- MBA 503 Survey of Marketing & the Legal Environment of Business
- MBA 504 Survey of Statistics and Operations Management
- ACCT 526 Analytical Methods for Planning and Control
- BSAT 518 Management of Information Technology
- ECON 528 Managerial Economics
- MGMT 525 Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- FNAN 522 Advanced Financial Management and Policy
- MKTG 524 Marketing Management
- BSAT 510 Data Analysis
- IBUS 540 International Business
- MGMT 590 Policy Formulation, Strategy & Administration
1. Not all elective courses outside of the discipline are available online.
2. Students must meet prerequisite requirements and permission of the MBA Director for outside of the discipline electives.